Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Night Owl


It is 4:44 a.m on the west coast and Im still up... thinking to myself if it's natural for me to be up working on my music this late. I feel as if I should be forcing myself to sleep because I need rest. Then I think about Ryan Leslie.... he is still up. He is in a much better place in his career and he isn't resting. He is one of the harder working producers in know (not personally).

Should I be relaxed about my work? What are the guidelines to success? ... I begin to think about my father and wonder how many nights were spent in the library studying for law school? How much did he sacrifice to be successful? ...In the end thats what we want, right... for all this (dedication, long nights, longer days) to mean something....

Im driven not by thoughts of money, but of accomplishment... I can look in the mirror and say one day 'I finished what I started'. It might had not gone the way I planned it, but I held on and I did it....

Right now, it's about 8 a.m. back home. My father will be getting up for work soon. Similar routine that was done 24 hrs ago will be done again today. But he can look in the mirror this mourning and say ... He did it...... Thats why I'M still up



No comments: