Friday, July 3, 2009

Friendship










I was just getting up for the day and something hit me... I miss the hell out of my people back east. I miss my friends, family, and even co-workers... and I never get home sick. It became apparent to me that the friendships that we have are not something to take for granted. I can recall when my mother told me that a best friend is a rarity, especially one you can truly trust. 
I didn't really understand at the time. I thought to myself that making friends was an easy thing. Now more then ever I see that I was wrong. We make acquaintances everyday and make the mistake of investing friendship into them. But when the time comes to test that relationship, they fall short.  Not all cases are the same but in a world that has a "what you can do for me" attitude, its hard to weed~out the fake from the real....
A true friend is someone that is there thick~n~thin, no matter what. Someone you can count on, and to give it to you straight. Telling you about yourself whether you want to hear it or not, but saying it only to make you better (constructive criticism). Making sure your still alright even if you 3,000 miles away.
 lol.... 
To all my true friends, you know who you are, I miss you and love you (no homo) hahaha

No comments: